Post new topic   Reply to topic    Saints 3G - A Christian Gaming Guild Community Forum Index -> Roleplaying
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Curigh San

re: Web Comic Roleplays

After stumbling across Jao's hint that he would like to see the storyline of the "Scattered" beginnings of the Saints 'myth' made into a webcomic I am going to transcribe his opening story between Jao Thaun, the distraction from the betrayal of the smuggler and the ensuing destruction of the Saints and the beginning of the other 'Scattered' storylines.
I'm going to start with a rough layout of a front cover, and do it as professionally as possible, get the opinions of the other members and the council and then start on the comic itself.
If anyone has any good ideas or input they'd like to put in, I'd love to discuss it as well as seeing where people would like it to go. Perhaps if we quantified the main themes and allowed people to digress with their own stories around the central theme I'd love to give each character a good eight to ten page comic.

Wow! That would be amazing!

just give me a core story, with photos and ideas about your character and how you want it to play out and i would be more than happy to do a front cover and ten page comic of how Tagren escaped the Sith and how his "Scattered" storyline happened.

I already have the core story written out in the Scattered thread. If you need a more condensed version just pm and make you one.

http://sotor.guildlaunch.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4404587&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0&gid=91149

The ending of that story is basically, Tagren gets out of the building with the woman, and watches Calon get out just before the whole place collapses. Calon gives Tagren back his sword and they walk away from the burning rubble with Calon saying that he needs to get in contact Master Thaun.

Here's a picture of Tagren. For the story to work he needs the helmet though, I guess it would be just the normal Republic Trooper helmet.

Forum Image

But id like his sword to be straight, like, more medieval looking.

Thanks for considering!

envy

I'm going to focus tonight on doing a cover of sorts, probably an unnamed Jedi Master stood between two Jedi female padawans (for composition sake) and mock that up this evening. Then I will transcribe your story into a workable comic and start work on it this coming week.
Sounds like a good one, I do have a soft spot for troppers, they don't have to look graceful or skilled, they can just fire a blaster at something until it stops moving or collapses!

Jedi Guardian

Jedi Guardian
Awarded:

Awesome man! I love this idea and can't wait to see what you come up with! I already drew Falco the link is here...

http://sotor.guildlaunch.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5220721&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0&gid=91149

one thing that I have changed about my character though is that his hair is shorter than in that picture. He has a buzz cut.

Also when I scanned it the colors didn't come out right, the robe and stuff is actually a little darker

and my story is also already in the scattered thread... However the smuggler in my story turned out to be quinn desh's character, you will need to talk to him about what the smuggler should look like,

also rahvin3's character joined my story so you will need to check that story and character too Happy I know you haven't done the cover and all yet but you can always refer back to this...

"HUH? SORRY MY MUSIC IS TOO LOUD!" 
Curigh San

good evening all,
I've started work on the cover, which ive posted below, its only a couple of hours work so forgive the sketchiness and bad layout at the moment, it will get better.
as you can see as well i need a proper logo for the top and some kind of better font for the 'scattered' at the bottom as well.
if anyones curious what's going on, its my character and two other jedi backed into a corner having a brief moment of calm before they go back out against the Sith (all will become clear )
as for the rest of the comic ideas everyones had, Im waiting on a rough timeline/storyline for the actual "scattered" comic and then will get to work on some of you guys character designs, i think thats the best place to start before we go headlong for some few page comics, if everyone does as Reginox did and gives me a rough idea of uniform, hair, skin, race etc and general demeanour so i can get an idea for stance, facial expression then i'll bust some real quick sketches out.
anyway, here's WIP 1
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a247/crowninja/scatteredcoverwip1.jpg

Jedi Guardian

Jedi Guardian
Awarded:

Ok cool man my only tweek would be that the robes are too much alike, do a little more variety... Which I understand this is still a rough draft,

as far as a story timeline goes jao's part is the opening of the story, it explains what's going on... Next is pretty much protector z(maxon and ace), then everyone elses happens at the same time... Roughly...

If I'm wrong on anything everyone correct me... Also the only ones that I think you may want to do in a certain order are mine, rahvin3, and quinn desh... There may be others but these are the only ones I know of...

If there is anything you need to know about my character let me know

Last edited by Steel Falcon on Aug. 3rd, 2010 10:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

"HUH? SORRY MY MUSIC IS TOO LOUD!" 
rubber_duckie

Wow, that's a really good start ROTJ. Keep up the good work wink

"Don't be immoral in matters of sex. That is a sin against your own body in a way that no other sin is. You surely know that your body is a temple where the Holy Spirit lives. The Spirit is in you and is a gift from God. You are no longer your own. God paid a great price for you. So use your body to honor God."
-1 Corinthians 6:18-20
Curigh San

cheers guys,
I was thinking about adapting the robes, I think I'll keep my character and my wife's (the lady to the left) the same but the twi'lek to the right I will alter her upper half so it's more of a figure hugging robe, I just didn't want to have spandex for the opening cover as it aint that kinda story!!!
I also noticed i disabled html,
Forum Image

right scrap that!
I'm going to start a new one this evening, the poses are too flat, there's no dynamism and the characters look jaded, they're fighting to the bloody death and they look way too chilled about it.
will post up better WIP tonight.

By the way, I don't know if you meant to or not, but those lightsaber hilts look awfully long. Did you want them to have long-handled lightsabers? It looks really good except for that tiny detail.

i was going to adjust that because i used my own sword for the photos (got the wife to post in a dressing gown and use my katana as a light sabre wink ) but yeah I was going to alter the length.
it doesn't matter now anywho, I'm starting again, its too flat, going to throw myself headlong into a nice epic battle scence, dead jedi laying about, i'm going to do the actual destruction of the temple on ord mantel.

Awsome envy !

just had an idea im going to see through tonight and post up depending on what everyone thinks,
as the beginning of the Saints story is so dark ("Scattered") what with everyone just about managing to escape a cull of the Jedi by the Sith, I though about doing the first part of the comic as a heavily dramatic, narrative light scene by scene of the Sith destroying the Temple (that sounds loaded with symbolism, i.e. Romans/Greeks destroying the real Temple).
As the cover is going to be a Sith Lord enragedly slaying a crippled Jedi I thought it would pan over well into the story to see the scattered roleplay from their point of view. Then as I expand it we can work the storylines of the major characters into the subsequent issues.
if i get this right we'll be the only guild with our own comic, i think...
envy

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: