Post new topic   Reply to topic    Saints 3G - A Christian Gaming Guild Community Forum Index -> Roleplaying
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2
Luminarius

re: Will your RP conflict with the game?

I never create a backstory for my character until I have ingested everything I can about the game first. When I played Anarchy Online, I read every bit of backstory I could including the published novel prior to writing my character concept and then creating my character in-game. I plan on doing the same for TOR...
The Fork of Doom

re: Re: Will your RP conflict with the game?

NexusLuke wrote:
Bioware might tread on your dreams.

Bad Bioware! Get off my fragile dreams! LOTRO had a snazzy bio thing that you type up yourself in your charecter screen. I liked that a bunch and made interesting stories for myself. It would be neat if Bioware adopted this feature.

re: Will your RP conflict with the game?

This is a subject of interest for me and the Vanguards.

We have our guild story, which inadverdantly played into the most recent Bioware video release "Hope." So the guild as a whole fits into the story that Bioware and Lucasarts have put together.

But the real question comes down to the individuals story, as opposed to the story of the group. In which case I believe it was already stated that this would probably be along the lines of Mass Effect play style, in that you have a path before you that you get to choose, and pending your choices you get certain endings and so on and so forth.

But that is also assuming that the story is preset for whatever class you are playing. They may even break it down by race. If you are a Zabrak you were born on such and such planet and taken to the Jedi Temple to study at infancy. So far, at least the Jedi have a general definition of where we will fit in.

The newest developer dispatch outlines that the Jedi story is simple in essence. You trained at the Temple from infancy. Any other details surrounding the story are nill at the moment, but it would still be nice if you got to mold your own story into the game. I just don't think that it's realistic for them to do that. Text wise you could surely do it. But from a gamer standpoint, it would leave people unsatisfied with Biowares story for the fact that it would have to be vague and generalised for the public to RP into.

Which in turn ruins the game for Non-Rpers because all they do is grind quests inevitably.

So yes, I have a detailed story and back history for my character. But I may just rp that with my guild and you all who I see in person, rather than depend solely on the story to tell my tale for me.

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Saints 3G - A Christian Gaming Guild Community Forum Index -> Roleplaying All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: