Post new topic   Reply to topic    Saints 3G - A Christian Gaming Guild Community Forum Index -> Roleplaying
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Brato Duott
Staff Emeritus
Young Jedi Master

Young Jedi Master
Awarded:

re: OOC - Tatooine Sandbox RP

SteelFalcon wrote:
Rahvin3 wrote:
Arrowhead. wrote:
Naandi wrote:
Vista hasn't been feeling well lately, so you may be waiting a while. =p Go ahead and keep going. People can come in when they can.

Awww.... Then pass on this message to her for me.

Forum Image

Second that for me.

That's too cool, I third it (if that makes sense) hahaha

Fourth!
Eagle Call
Staff Emeritus
Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight

Brato Duott wrote:
SteelFalcon wrote:
Rahvin3 wrote:
Arrowhead. wrote:
Naandi wrote:
Vista hasn't been feeling well lately, so you may be waiting a while. =p Go ahead and keep going. People can come in when they can.

Awww.... Then pass on this message to her for me.

Forum Image

Second that for me.

That's too cool, I third it (if that makes sense) hahaha

Fourth!

Fifth!

Isaiah 40:31 "But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint."

Shieldmaiden of the Saints! "I am no man!"
The Fork of Doom

Species/Race: JAWA
Name: Moorti-Woojinko-Mashoosh
Nickname: Mort

Relative Age: 23
Height: Typical Jawa
Weight: 127
Hair Color/Style: Unseen
Facial Appearance: Two glowing yellow eyes
Eye Color: Yellow
Body Appearance: Short and Very fast

Home Planet: Tatooine
Current Residence: Tatooine

Spoken Language: Jawaese

Armor/Clothes:
Primary Weapon(s) : A large wrench
Secondary Weapon(s) : Miscillanious(Spelled Wrong) rocks
Miscellaneous Item(s) : Several repair kits and the head of a astromech droid.

Personality: Very fast and annoying. Tends to rush through everything.

1-paragraph Biography:
Always moving about, Mort never stops fixing things. He scuttles around meeping in Jawaese to anyone near him.

Jedi Master

Jedi Master

Hope you get better soon Vista.

Thanks for keeping it going Fork!

Vista, I was thinking Fork's post there was inside all of the rules in how he interacted with everything. Is this thinking correct?
AltaVista

YUp, Fork definitely hit the nail on the head! He described the reactions of his character only (an occassional mention to the "open" NPCs), threw in some interaction with other characters, but did not once describe the actions of another player's character. Then he set up a scenario of a physical interaction without another character without telling the end result, allowing the other player to decide in his next post if Mort actually lands on him or not (or if he rolls to the side, catches Mort, ect ect). So, yay! Well done!

And thanks for all the "get wells" seconded, third'd, fourth'd, and fifth'd! :P I'm sorry I've been dragging my feet on getting involved, and I'll try to post in soon. Just been dealing with a lot of stuff and not feeling all that well in the process... so, yeah! I'll be in there soon. Happy
The Fork of Doom

I feel like a jerk for not saying get well soon Vista. THough i'm happy that I followed all the rules. I was afraid of messing up lol.

AltaVista wrote:
YUp, Fork definitely hit the nail on the head! He described the reactions of his character only (an occassional mention to the "open" NPCs), threw in some interaction with other characters, but did not once describe the actions of another player's character. Then he set up a scenario of a physical interaction without another character without telling the end result, allowing the other player to decide in his next post if Mort actually lands on him or not (or if he rolls to the side, catches Mort, ect ect). So, yay! Well done!

And thanks for all the "get wells" seconded, third'd, fourth'd, and fifth'd! :P I'm sorry I've been dragging my feet on getting involved, and I'll try to post in soon. Just been dealing with a lot of stuff and not feeling all that well in the process... so, yeah! I'll be in there soon. Happy

So is it ok to make comment on actions of other characters if they had already said their character made that action? Because I did that in mine....

NexusLuke
Honorary Staff
Jedi Master

Jedi Master

Rahvin3 wrote:
So is it ok to make comment on actions of other characters if they had already said their character made that action? Because I did that in mine....

^ Yeppers. *Opens package of cookies, and gives one to Rahvin3.* You have done well.

envy
Rahvin3

Yay, I get a cookie!! Don't tell my Jawa, he will be jealous....

AltaVista

NexusLuke wrote:
Rahvin3 wrote:

^ Yeppers. *Opens package of cookies, and gives one to Rahvin3.* You have done well.

envy

Yup yup yup! Double what Nexus said, and yeah, Absolutely! Happy In fact, sometimes restating what another character has already said (or done) helps clarify what your character is reacting to. So, bonus cookie right? Yes!!
Naandi

I’d like to make a note that Naandi is cheating. In a truly hardcore RP, one is not allowed to write interior monologue. You’re supposed to write in a strictly objective (camera eye) point of view. And since no one but Puki actually knows what Puki is thinking, it isn’t really fair to write it down. However! I’m lazy. And, a lot of people take liberties in this area for the sake of art/humor/time/simplicity anyways. But some people don’t like it.

Naandi continues to ramble for no apparent reason: If I’m playing a shneaky-type character that has lots of secrets and enjoys manipulating people, then I’m pretty strict about an objective POV style of writing. I’d rather keep my partner guessing on what my true objectives are. But for something like this that is just fun, nobody cares. It’s not like Jawas have an amazing interior monologue anyway.

Naandi wrote:
I’d like to make a note that Naandi is cheating. In a truly hardcore RP, one is not allowed to write interior monologue. You’re supposed to write in a strictly objective (camera eye) point of view. And since no one but Puki actually knows what Puki is thinking, it isn’t really fair to write it down. However! I’m lazy. And, a lot of people take liberties in this area for the sake of art/humor/time/simplicity anyways. But some people don’t like it.

Naandi continues to ramble for no apparent reason: If I’m playing a shneaky-type character that has lots of secrets and enjoys manipulating people, then I’m pretty strict about an objective POV style of writing. I’d rather keep my partner guessing on what my true objectives are. But for something like this that is just fun, nobody cares. It’s not like Jawas have an amazing interior monologue anyway.

Does that mean I am cheating as well since I was talking about how Yee feels? Oops...

AltaVista

Rahvin3 wrote:

Does that mean I am cheating as well since I was talking about how Yee feels? Oops...

Nope, don't worry about it. Really the interior monologue is a personal choice. A lot of people use interior monologue in RPs such as this, that are somewhat story-based since each pose consists of a couple paragraphs. Like Naandi said though, generally speaking, writers who have characters who have a lot to hide generally tend to do a 3rd-person POV to keep the audience and other players guessing as to their true intentions. Sadly, that tendancy is seems to becoming rarer and rarer in forum RP, which is something of a loss. But... to each his own.

However, since this is a generally light-RP (as opposed to "heavy RP", like those involving ulterior political plots, inter-character betrayal, gang wars, ect) having a few comments about what's going on inside your character's head is perfectly okay - and even some writers will encourage, since it lets the other players know how to work off your actions better, or at least get the intent of what you as the writer are trying to get across by your characters actions.

Really, though, it's all a matter of personal preference on this level of RP. So, go ahead and feel free! :D Sometimes, having you character vent about their thoughts is just plain... FUN!

But, as a totally unimportant side note, you might like to know that interior monologuing is not an acceptable practice once you make the switch to real-time RP (like that done in a chat room or when RPing in a MMO). At that point, writers are encouraged to use the camera-eye style of writing and perform more like an "actor", showing the audience what to think, rather than telling them. In an MMO setting, it's really frowned upon whenever players mention what their character is feeling or thinking, since other players will quote that their characters are not mind readers- therefore, they should not know what your character is thinking.

Blah blah blah, lots of sticky rules... but they're not super important right now. Right now I just want people to enjoy themselves, and have fun playing with a different RP medium!! :D
Rahvin3

Haha that is good then, since my character in this is only ever really focused on food....

Naandi

Rahvin, I literally guffawed at your last post. That was so funny! I'm a little hurt inside though, I mean...I was really attached to that bracelet! =p

Page 5 of 9

Jump to: